drank Tokyo by Harney & Sons

Thank you Dinosara for sending me this tea. It’s one of those rare days where my husband asks for a green tea and tonight is the time to try this blend.

In raw form this Bancha looks to be a nice quality colour green but there are some stalks amongst the crisp dry leaves. Also if you look very closely you can spot a few sesame seeds resting at the bottom. It has a light floral yet slightly toasted scent with sweet highlights.

Once steeped the tea is light yellow in colour with a sweet yet light toasted aroma.

My first few sips reveal a sweet green tea that reminds me of sweet pea mixed with broccoli and a nutty, toasty touch that holds itself in the after taste. There is a little hint of something floral or perhaps even fruity which gives the tea a smoothness that slips down wonderfully. Bancha always gives me a dry mouth though after a few mouthfuls and I’m not overly keen on that feeling but taste wise it’s very nice.

Drinking green tea gives me a tea buzz every time and my cheeks have started to go rosy. :)

jessiwrites

Yum, I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

Comments

jessiwrites

Yum, I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom