Thank you very much Mike from Bluebird Tea Co for this sample. :) Your a star.

This is such an interesting blend and it sounds perfect to celebrate the start of my weekend with. What sounds better than brewing a pot of Elderflower Champagne tea before lounging on the sofa to recover from a busy week? (I do love my rhetorical questions).

In raw form this blend is a very lively mix of which I can see: small dark green/brown Oolong balls, large apple pieces, tiny yellow elderflower petals, nice green lemon verbena leaves and a few dark red hibiscus petals. The other ingredients are hard to spot but with so much going on it’s nice that I have been able to pick out the lot that I did. :) It has a herbal rather strong elderflower scent: that slightly tangy yet sweet essence.

Once steeped this tea is pale yellow in colour with a sweet, light, floral aroma.

The first few sips reveal a mellow, sweet, floral and fruity blend. Very similar to chamomile but with added undertones of flavour and naturally sweet. At first tasting there is a honeyed floralness that strengthens into a sweet, apple melody before smoothing itself out to leave a refreshing and fragrant after taste. As it strengthens the citrus really shines through over the apple and it becomes increasingly buttery from the Oolong.

Overall it’s a wonderful delicate blend and very fitting to it’s name. I feel very relaxed after my first two cups (like it’s already gone to my head). I would recommend this to anyone that likes elderflower, a creative blend that is certainly a very tasty one. :)

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom