The hubby is home but frozen to the bone and in dire need of a ‘cuppa’. We usually brew Earl Grey to share (it’s our favourite) but tonight’s pot is a twist on the classic. I don’t recall ever trying an Earl Grey with strawberry, papaya or lime before so I have no idea what to expect.

The blend has an amazing strong bergamot and sweet fruit (strawberry being dominant) aroma. Also the fruit pieces look a nice juicy red and yellow colours that add an aesthetically pleasing tea.

Once brewed this tea is burnt orange in colour with a sweet fruity yet dark aroma. The first few sips reveal an interesting Earl Grey blend. You can still taste the classic black tea and bergamot partnership but this also has sweet fruitiness and a rather tropical feel. The kind of Earl Grey I could imagine drinking on my own tropical desert island surrounded by bliss. It has a fair strength and remains smooth with it.

Overall it’s a very pleasant tea that any Earl Grey drinker would enjoy. There are enough classic notes to make even the most sophisticated drinker happy but enough sweet fruity notes to put a smile on the faces of those that like to ride on the wild side. :)

whatshesaid

This sounds delish!

Barbara

Sounds very out of the ordinary. Don’t think I would have dared try this one. Bergamot and strawberries…who would have thought of that… Happy you liked it though ;-)

Comments

whatshesaid

This sounds delish!

Barbara

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom