In raw form you have a wonderful blend of brown/red Rooibos pieces with a generous scattering of yellow calendula petals, finely chopped green stevia leaves and some rough cut but small pink and white pieces of rhubarb.

As I opened the packet I was met with an amazingly strong aroma of rhubarb that has both sweet and sour tones but also an element of creaminess. It’s one of the best smelling teas I have ever experienced.

Brewing Method: Teapot with infuser

Water Temperature: Boiling

Steeping Time: 6 Minutes

Once steeped this tea is red/orange in colour with a pure rhubarb aroma that reminds me of the old penny sweets I used to have as a child.

The first few sips reveal a sweet yet creamy rhubarb taste that is mellow and oh so yummy! It not only smells like the penny sweets but also tastes like them and all in one low fat drink (estimated at just below 1 calorie per cup).

Suitable for those that are not a lover of rooibos, the rhubarb takes away the odd chemical taste that it naturally has and just leaves it’s sweet and light goodness.

It’s also clean and smooth tasting with just a touch of tartness from the rhubarb that blends in very well amongst the sweet elements.

The more I drink the more I find myself falling in love with this unique tea and the smile on my face is beaming. It’s also a hit with my husband who is a coffee person.

I would recommend this tea to anyone that likes rhubarb, childhood sweets or is simply looking for something tasty and unique to try.

For more information and pictures please view my blog:

Lala

Thanks for reviewing all of these teas. I can’t wait until Bluebird ships internationally!

TastyBrew

They sound so good! I hope it’s soon!

Kittenna

Was just looking at this one!

kittenna…shared order! puuuhllleeaaaaaase!

Josie Jade

Omg, I want to try ALL of their teas. I’m (sort of) patiently waiting for international shipping!

Kittenna

Later, Sil. There’s no rush!

Comments

Lala

TastyBrew

They sound so good! I hope it’s soon!

Kittenna

Was just looking at this one!

kittenna…shared order! puuuhllleeaaaaaase!

Josie Jade

Kittenna

Later, Sil. There’s no rush!

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom