In raw form this tea has the appearance of rooibos but if you look closely you can see black pieces of Ceylon, a few violet mallow flowers and oh so cute star sprinkles in yellow and white.

As I opened the bag I experienced the pleasure of smelling it’s sweet almost vanilla scent with a touch of almond ..altogether it reminds me of marzipan or those sugar almond sweets.

Once steeped the tea is dark red in colour with a sweet almond candy smell. Yummy!

My first few sips reveal a light, sweet and creamy tea that really is reminding me now of sugared almond sweets that I used to eat every Easter. The rooibos is fairly thick but the added sweetness helps tone the flavour down. There is a vanilla like essence about it but yet it doesn’t actually contain any.

There are cakey elements too, the vanilla mixed with sugar and a slight depth of ceylon create a sponge cake like flavour. This tea would go so very well with a slice of actual cake.

Overall it’s a pleasant rooibos blend that remains sweet and delicious throughout. I can smile knowing that a moment on the lips, a life time on the hips does not apply to me with this tea so I get the goodness of something that tastes naughty matched with the goodness of 1 calorie.

For pictures and a 10% off voucher for Bluebird Tea Co. then please view my blog.

Ooooh! These all sound so good!

Lindsey

Sigh… this review just convinced me to break my self-imposed moratorium on purchasing tea. That’s right, I’m going to blame it on your detailed review and not on my utter lack of self-control. :-)

Comments

Ooooh! These all sound so good!

Lindsey

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom