Thank you adagio breeze for this sample. Two bags means both me and my husband can try this tea so it worked very nicely. Plus I was asked if I was going to review something special for my 500th tasting note and after thinking about it for hours now I decided on an Earl Grey (hence this tea). Earl Grey is one of my favourite teas and is one of my first loves which has sparked my curiosity and explains why I am still here on Steepster, and also why my cupboards are over flowing with tea. :)

The teabag itself has a waxy citrus scent that smells rather pleasant and refreshing.

Tea comes served with half a spoon of calorie free sugar and a slice of lemon – as recommended on the back of the tea sachet.

Once steeped the tea has a strong citrus smell with slight malt and earth tones. In flavour this is very nice, it’s citrus is strong (with added help from the lemon) but also sweet, waxy and refreshing. I can also taste orange or maybe it’s bergamot in the background… delicious.

A strong citrus fruit black based tea that would be perfect as a morning tea or for a pick me up. I think the added lemon finishes it off nicely and keeps it fresh and flavourful throughout the cup. Would also make a nice iced tea.
CrowKettle

Congratulations on your 500th! :)

Woot woot! Yay for 500!

Fjellrev

Congratulations!

Comments

CrowKettle

Congratulations on your 500th! :)

Woot woot! Yay for 500!

Fjellrev

Congratulations!

I am 26 years old from Leicester, England. I have been drinking tea for many years now and have been getting more and more appreciative about good tea’s. I like to try new and exciting tea’s and import regularly as a treat.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I am also an avid reader and enjoy curling up with a book (mostly crime, horror, thriller, literature genres) in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom