Thank you Fiddling for this sample. :)

Almost at the end of Season 2 of Sons of Anarchy thanks to my mad marathon day but still a couple of hours to go. It’s past midnight now so I’m trying to stray away from anything with caffeine and I remembered receiving this tea earlier this month as part of a swap.

The mixture looks like a large mixed dried fruit medley with strawberry and apple pieces being the most obvious. If you look close enough you can see a fair amount of hibiscus (eek!) and some other bits that I am not confident on identifying.

This large pieced blend smells sweet and fruity (no fruit in particular), rather citrus and a little sour.

Once steeped this tea is burnt yellow in colour and has a sour lemon scent with an undertone of apple. I thought it would be red/pink because of the hibiscus so the surprise is nice, maybe it’s not as hibiscus heavy as it looked.

The first few sips reveal a crisp apple and sour lemon combo. It has sweetness but at a personally nice level for me which is not too sweet but enough to say that I wouldn’t need to add any sweetener. The strength is medium but with enough flavour to still be pleasing.

I can’t taste any strawberry or any other berry like flavour which is a little disappointing so it’s more apple lemonade than strawberry lemonade. It’s still a nice refreshing fruity drink but not for those that really want something strong or strawberry flavoured. I also asked my husband what he could taste before telling him the name of the tea and he said citrus like orange or lemon and something sweet like apple. Then I told him the name of it and he also said he couldn’t taste any strawberry so the best we can fathom is that the sweetness is supposed to taste like artificial strawberry like that found in candy.

Overall it’s a nice fruity drink and would be suitable for a light flavoured ice tea but it wouldn’t be the sort of thing I would buy again.