drank Exotica by DAVIDsTEA

Thank you Fiddling for this sample. :)

This herbal tisane has everything (bar the clove and cardamom) that I want from a drink when it comes to ingredients. I drink most of my herbal tisanes at night time so anything unique and interesting peaks my interest.

In raw form this consists of large ingredients which all look natural and fresh. It has a spicy and citrus aroma, rather sharp and almost made me sneeze.

Once steeped this tea is yellow in colour with a sweet lemongrass and spicy pepper aroma. Yummy.

The first sip reveals a delicate but sharp clean lemongrass, spicy pepper with a touch of cinnamon and a slight refreshing tone which may be from the clove or the cardamom. There is a little sweetness but not overtly but more in a grassy/herb sort of way. Rather mild considering it’s steeping time and it has a misty strength type quality to it.

I cannot taste the pineapple or orange peel per say but there is a slight sour after taste. I’m half way down my cup and already I have a warm tingly sensation inside. It still tastes clean and fresh so very easy to drink and still very pleasing. The lemongrass and pepper are really the main stars of the show but it makes for an interesting and exotic drink.

Overall you can colour me impressed.

Fiddling

I’m glad you enjoyed it! :)

Comments

Fiddling

I’m glad you enjoyed it! :)

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom