It’s been a few hours since I arrived back from my long weekend in Eastbourne/Brighton and I’m absolutely knackered (British slang for exhausted). We had a nice time, luckily the weather held for the most part and I even managed to find a gorgeous Crown Derby antique cat to add to my ornament collection (even if it did cost £80 it was worth it).

I got this tea out to pack it as part of a tea exchange and my husband asked where I was hiding the Jaffa Cakes because he could smell them :) This tea has such a strong scent, it’s gorgeous. Fooled him anyway.

In appearance it has good sized orange and chocolate pieces along with large yellow petals and finely chopped black tea leaves.

Once steeped the tea was dark brown in colour with a rich chocolatey aroma.

Flavour is very chocolatey and tastes like a thin/watery cocoa drink. The orange is not strong but subtle citrus and fruit tones are noticeable. Amongst both the orange and the chocolate there are slight velvety, smoky and sweet tones that blend well together and make a delicious chocolate based tea.

This is on the upper end of the scale when it comes to chocolate tea but only reaches average grade for orange tea, purely because it’s overpowered by the chocolate. So what I am getting at is that this is more of a chocolate tea with a hint of orange rather than being a chocolate and orange drink or even an orange and some chocolate drink.

It’s nice and a shame that Ovation closed down so I can’t get any more but I have a feeling it could be fairly easy to replace. Still a nice warm welcome home treat.

bookshark

Now I would like some Jaffa Cakes. Or tea that tastes like them. Yum.

i don’t think i’ve ever had or heard of jaffa cakes heh

KittyLovesTea

Wow I just did a Google search and it would seem that Jaffa Cakes are not usually sold in Canada/USA. I thought they were global. Well they are a small round snack cake with chocolate on one side and orange marmalade in the middle. The whole thing tastes like a mini mouthful of chocolate orange cake but in handy snack size.

oh god that sounds delicious.

KittyLovesTea

Looks like you will be receiving an extra treat in your swap box lol :)

hahaha you’re too good to me.

Nxtdoor

I want to go to Brighton. Heather Peace is from Brighton. drool

Comments

bookshark

Now I would like some Jaffa Cakes. Or tea that tastes like them. Yum.

i don’t think i’ve ever had or heard of jaffa cakes heh

KittyLovesTea

oh god that sounds delicious.

KittyLovesTea

Looks like you will be receiving an extra treat in your swap box lol :)

hahaha you’re too good to me.

Nxtdoor

I want to go to Brighton. Heather Peace is from Brighton. drool

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom