drank Posh Earl Grey by LuLin Teas

The tea in raw form contains long and thin Keemun leaves with lovely blue cornflowers and large curly orange flower pieces. It has a very strong bergamot and orange essence that is fresh and floral with a touch of sweetness. The quality looks very nice but there are a couple of Keemun stem pieces amongst the blend.

Brewing Instructions: Add 3g of tea per cup into a teapot and steep with boiling water for 4-7 minutes according to taste.

As my teapot holds roughly three cups full I will be using three fairly heaped teaspoons of tea. One good teaspoon of tea works out to be roughly 3g. Plus I adore strong Earl Grey so I will be going for a 6 minute steep. Also for the sake of this review I shall not be adding any milk or sweetener.

Once steeped this tea is light amber in colour and has a strong waxy orange aroma.

In flavour this is strong, sweet and refreshing with pure orange and bergamot tones that are waxy yet juicy. There is a mellow misty aura which helps to tone down some of the strength which I believe is down to the Keemun base. Also detecting a subtle perfumey after taste with a little dryness. Very smooth and velvety.

Usually because I like my Earl Grey strong I have to add milk and maybe even a sugar or two to tone down the bitterness but this tea is light enough that I wouldn’t need to add anything to it to enjoy it.

I didn’t know what to expect from a tea that claims to be Posh Earl Grey but now I know Posh means delicious. This is the kind of Earl Grey blend that stays traditional enough to still be Earl Grey but also has enough added to give it that extra push in flavour. Simple yet effective. I do love my Earl Grey and I now also love this blend. I would happily recommend this to any other Earl Grey fans out there.

For pictures please visit my blog. http://www.kittylovestea.co.uk/2013/04/30/what-makes-an-earl-grey-posh/

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom