Coffee is not my drink of choice and it’s been over a year since I had a cup of it but I still like to try coffee blended tea infusions as part of my ‘something different’ tea campaign. “What do we want? Unique tea. When do we want it? NOW!!!”

While I’m not a fan of coffee I do love a nice slice of coffee cake every now and then. :)

In raw form this tea has a wafer (as in ice cream wafer) like bitter smell that is more cakey than coffee like. Very interesting and unusual but I’m kinda liking it. It’s hard to see what the ingredients are exactly but the most I can work out is black tea and a few coffee beans with what may be nuts and or fruit?

Once steeped this tea is golden brown in colour and has a strong and spongy coffee aroma.

Hmmm… a little bitter and sweet at the same time and a definite wafer like flavour. It smells more like coffee than it tastes but could perhaps be mistaken for a weak flavoured coffee. Also a little dry on the tongue which I remember is a coffee symptom I always got. Also it does have a nutty maybe popcorn like taste.

Overall it’s a strange blend and I have certainly not tasted anything like it before. I’m enjoying my pot of it but it would not be something that I would purchase again. Imagine a warm coffee flavoured ice cream cake with wafers and that is what it tastes like… to me anyway.

I bought a puzzle book on holiday for the car ride home from my holiday, there is nothing like a pot of tea and a crossword puzzle :) Plus the little troll on the end of my pen is catching the attention of my cats so it may be play time.

KittyLovesTea

Side note: Having difficulty editing the post so having to comment on it instead. As this tea cools the coffee flavours are getting stronger and more baked like, resembling a coffee sponge cake. Almost a complete transformation from it’s boiling hot form.

whatshesaid

Sounds yummy!

Yum!

Beeblebear

Warm coffee flavoured ice cream cake with wafers sounds like possibly the most wonderful thing in the world :)

Comments

KittyLovesTea

whatshesaid

Sounds yummy!

Yum!

Beeblebear

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom