Still trying to carry on as normal just to keep myself busy. I have done my house chores and worked from home and thought it would be nice to treat myself to another cold brew as my reward. I forgot all about this orange brulee but found it in the back of my cupboard.

I think this was the first Oolong that I have cold steeped and I did notice when separating the steeped leaves the Oolong balls had fully unravelled and resembles seaweed. It has been steeping in my fridge for roughly 5 hours.

It has a delicious caramelised, sweet orange scent. Very brulee like and delicious. The flavour is very creamy and sweetly orange with a slight toasty caramel and floral after taste. Very clean and silky smooth with lots of flavour.

So far it’s turned into one of my favourite cold brews and it would be interesting to see the difference of trying it hot. I may have to do a pot steep later today to see.

Hope you are feeling a bit better everyday :)

Hope you are feeling a bit better everyday :)

I’m 27 years old from Leicester, England named Kayleigh. I have a wonderful husband called Richard whom I am very lucky to have in my life.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

My rating system
I have my own way of rating teas that makes each one personal. I have different categories, I rate each tea depending on what it is made of. For example: I rate green teas in a different way to black teas or herbal teas. So black, white, green, Pu Erh, Rooibos, Oolong, blends and tisanes all have their own rating system. That way I can compare them with other teas of the same or similar type before for an adequate rating. And when I do give top marks which is very rare I am actually saying that I would love to drink that tea all day, every day if possible. It’s a tea that I would never turn down or not be in the mood for. So while I agree that no tea is 100% perfect (as nothing is) I am saying that it’s as close as it comes to it. After all, in my book the perfect teas (or close to perfect anyway) are ones that I could drink all the time. That is why you will find a high quality black or Oolong will not have as high a score as a cheap flavoured blend, they are simply not being compared in the same category.

Also a proud SororiTea Sister