Another find on eBay and yet another small company to try out. This was advertised as a valentines tea but it looked nice and I thought “What the hell” and bought it anyway. We all need love on more than one day a year.

It arrived this morning and will be the first tea I shall try. The tea is as shown in the picture and has a very sweet scent…strawberry? It’s nice but synthetic smelling. It has the little sweets in so I wouldn’t expect anything less for this blend.

Once steeped this tea is dark brown in colour with a sweet and strong mixture of fruit and earthiness. Not as sweet as it’s raw scent but still pleasant.

Flavour is thick and the black tea is rather strong but avoids becoming bitter or harsh. Still slightly sweet with fruity and floral tones. I still think it’s strawberry. It’s very delicate though and my husband is having a hard time finding any real flavours other than sweet black tea.

Overall I think it’s nice, worth the cheap price and a nice novelty…plus it’s something I could drink every day with ease.

Unrelated Side Note – I made some lip balms this morning using Boysenberry Matcha and natural vegan ingredients as gifts to send. So if anyone does any large tea trades with me then be aware that you may find one amongst your teas. Working on more scents too :)

that sounds totally neat – matcha lip balm! I wish i was even sort of remotely creative in the way that a lot of steepsterites are. But hey, you want something organized i’m your girl! lol

Comments

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom