I finally broke into my New English Teas collection boxes for breakfast this morning. The collection has breakfast tea, afternoon tea and traditional tea.

pic.twitter.com/ivGz5yG5Sp

I wasn’t a fan of New English Teas Earl Grey as for me it was just too mild but hopefully this breakfast tea is full bodied like I’m craving right now.

Served with a drop of milk. This tea smells leathery, rich and sour. Flavour is very rich and definitely full bodied but it’s also musty and woody. Not quite what I was looking for but it will do. The leather and wood aspect is the strongest so I’m toning it down with a little stevia sugar.

That’s better, now it’s a completely different tea. Tastes maltier and less thick and earthy but it keeps it’s richness. In the morning the last thing I want to taste is leather or wood, I want something refreshing and clean.

Overall it’s an average black tea that requires milk and stevia sugar before becoming drinkable. Without sweetener this is rated at roughly 6.5/10 and with sweetener this is rated at roughly 7.5/10. It truly makes a huge difference.

Veronica

I love the packaging. So cute!

Comments

Veronica

I love the packaging. So cute!

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom