drank Candy Apple by Adagio Teas

Probably my last pot of tea before bed. I got the ‘Adagio Holiday Cheer’ gift set from my husband for Christmas and since we have been drinking bagged tea all day (for a change) it made sense to try a sample from the set. I let my husband pick a tin at random and he chose Candy Apple which sounds very good. I can’t remember the last time I actually had a candy apple/toffee apple.

The pyramid bags are rather clear and I can note finely chopped black tea with a few pieces of dry apple in each. Not quite how I imagined it would taste but alrighty then. The bags have a sweet and slightly spicy (cinnamon?) apple scent. Score :) I just checked the back of the tin and it does say cinnamon.

Once steeped the tea is dark brown in colour with a sweet and fruity scent, not quite candy/toffee apple but more like apple pie. That could be because of the cinnamon, I have never had a candy/toffee apple with cinnamon on/in it before and I cannot see why they have included it in the ingredients.

In flavour this has a strong black tea base which counters a lot of the sweet toffee flavour and the apple is being over taken by the cinnamon. So it’s malty, smoky, spicy and a little fruity.

Oh Adagio, this is far from candy apple. Seriously, why the cinnamon? It’s similar to the previous tea I drank (Dilmah – peppermint and English toffee) in that the black base is just too strong and it ruins the flavours that you would expect it to have.

I’m not saying it’s undrinkable, I can finish the bags that I have…but it’s just not what it says it is in my opinion. Such a shame.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom