drank White Peony by Adagio Teas

I have a lot of White Peony on my shelves from different companies because it’s my favourite white tea and it’s high time I started to drink it up. From Adagio I only have a 9g sample to try.

I was disappointed to see that my leaves are no where near as fresh and green as they are in this picture. Instead they are brown and almost completely broken down, dry and brittle. There are some silver tips amongst them but also a lot of twigs/stems. It has a strong peony scent that is very thick.

Once steeped the tea is amber in colour and has a mild sweet floral aroma. Flavour wise it’s nutty, woody, floral and sweet. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be but it’s by no means good quality. It lacks any real peony flavour, it’s not as sweet or delicious as it should be.

I’m glad I only bought a sample pack of this. I think I will stick with Teavivre and NothingButTea when it comes to White Peony.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom