drank Shamrock Tea by 52teas

I had a lovely day in Cromer yesterday. The weather was bright and hot, the people friendly and most cafe’s sold some sort of ‘speciality tea’. One place had a balcony hanging over the beach so I could sip on Twinings – Darjeeling whilst admiring the view. pic.twitter.com/VRCqSsNAgy

Back and relaxed today and thought I might as well go through more samples to clear out my cupboard a little. I have one pot of shamrock tea and something minty would be nice so this is my first post of tea this morning.

In raw form this blend looks like any other Sencha tea, it has dark green leaves that are crisp, long and thin but with this having the exception of smelling sweet and minty. I can notice both the sweet, creamy vanilla and the peppermint in the scent.

Once steeped the tea is golden in colour and has a fresh minty aroma.

Flavour is sweet, creamy, minty, refreshing and overall of medium strength. The vanilla is rather toned down in flavour with the mint dominating everything else but it does seem to help lighten the tea and keep it sweet if not much else. As for the Sencha I would not have known this contained green tea had I not seen/read it myself.

The only means for comparison that I have for this was drinking Butiki Teas – The Killers Vanilla which was much creamier, sweeter and vanilla. I think that tea is still my favourite mint/vanilla blend but having said that this would make for a great cold steep because it’s lighter in flavour.

Overall I would say this tea is perfect for those looking for a lightly minted but sweet tea. Something to settle the stomach with perfectly.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom