I bought this from momo as another rooibos blend to try. Sometimes there is nothing better than a pot of rooibos tea, especially something sweet and almondy like marzipan. :)

This raw blend has large almond slices and what looks like apple chunks? The rooibos is fine as you would expect and it also has a few sunflower petals among the mixture.

It has a sweet, dry and nutty fragrance. Not quite marzipan yet but it has promise.

Once steeped this tea is golden brown in colour and has a thick, marzipan fragrance. There would be no mistaking it, it’s definitely pure marzipan.

Flavour is sweet and the rooibos is present but toned down. It smells more like marzipan than it tastes but if you take a large sniff before you sip it’s almost like your drinking liquidized marzipan. Almost.

Overall it’s a nice achievement, not too thick or too sweet, not too much rooibos and nothing offensive flavoured (sharp, bitter etc). Glad I gave this one a try.

KittyLovesTea

Side Note – This tastes much better as it cools. The rooibos lightens with the temperature and the almond is stronger.

Comments

KittyLovesTea

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom