Thank you Dag Wedin for this sample.

Dian Hong will always be one of my favourite teas and it’s hands down the tea that I have the most of in stock in various forms.

I also know I have been a little quiet this weekend but truth be told I have been feeling a little under the weather and a lot of my depression has re-surfaced but I hope to be more active. Perhaps the next day or two will lighten my emotions and get me back on form.

This tea has some wonderful, long and super golden leaves that feel a little hairy and very soft. The beautiful golden leaves have a sweet malted and gentle floral scent that’s very fresh and darkly fruited.

Brewing this in my Gongfu teapot – roughly 6g of loose tea and for three steeps.

Steep One – 1 minute – Tea is golden brown in colour with a thick and sweet malted aroma with a hint of dried prune.

Flavour is smooth, silken and sweet with elements of malt, fruit, flowers and honey. Very refreshing and it leaves a delicious fermented fruit after taste.

Steep Two – Two Minutes – This time it’s a little more earthern and wooden than it is fruity or sweet. A little astringent but soft enough to still be on the smooth side.

Steep Three – Three Minutes – Light golden brown in colour now. Very subtle and still with hints of malt and wood.

Overall this is a very tasty Dian Hong that is on the gentle side as far as strength is concerned. A definite recommendation to those interested in this one. :)

The only thing I would change would be to increase the steeping leaves to roughly 7g to improve the strength. This is purely down to personal taste.

195 °F / 90 °C
Lala

Hope you feel better soon!

Nxtdoor

Keep writing, we like seeing your posts :) I also second Lala’s sentiments, hope you feel better soon!

K S

I don’t think I have met a Yunnan black yet that I didn’t love.

looseTman

Kudos on your review. Do you have favorite teas you enjoy when you’re down?

KittyLovesTea

Thank you everyone for the pick me up :)

@looseTman I usually go for Dian Hong and strong blacks when I feel low, they are my all time favourite. On occasion a nice Pu Erh cheers me up too.

Please keep things friendly and .

Comments

Lala

Hope you feel better soon!

Nxtdoor

K S

I don’t think I have met a Yunnan black yet that I didn’t love.

looseTman

Kudos on your review. Do you have favorite teas you enjoy when you’re down?

KittyLovesTea

Thank you everyone for the pick me up :)

Please keep things friendly and .

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom