Thank you Sil for this sample.

Night one of being alone is going well so far. I watched a few films to pass the time whilst drinking my milky, sweet teas for comfort and I’m now at the point where the last thing I want to drink is milk. My stomach agrees with me. So for the last hour now I have been thinking of having a pot of fruity green tea, something light and maybe sweet but something I will overall enjoy. So to my tea drawers I go and open my green tea drawer and with a little routing around I came upon this sample. I remember having a sample of this this tea as a gift from Butiki when I placed my first order with them but gave it away instead of trying it myself. Reason being that grapefruit is not one of my favourite fruits.

Well this review is long over due and I regret giving the sample away. At least now I can have some tea closure and see what I have been missing.

In raw form it sweet and citrus (waxy citrus) with grassy notes. Very pleasant and it reminds me of my Grapefruit Body Butter from The Body Shop.

Once steeped the tea liquid is yellow in colour with a sour and very sharp grapefruit aroma. Very natural and pure.

Sweet, buttery, sour, perfumey, green and refreshing. Those are my first things I noticed about this tea as I drink the first small cup of this down. It also starts off quite strong but quickly softens to create a delicate and beautiful array of flavours in the after taste.

Cup two reveals a more grassy taste over time and softens the grapefruit even more. And despite being perfumey it’s not dry or harsh in any way, in fact it’s the exact opposite.

After a while the flavours blend together and it’s hard to differentiate them but you are left with one beautiful cup of tea.

So this is what I missed by giving away that sample. A huge mistake on my part, I just hope whoever received it likes it as much as I do (sorry cannot remember whom I sent this to).

Well glad you got te chance to try it after all!

Comments

Well glad you got te chance to try it after all!

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom