A warm and muggy day leans me towards the fruity teas that I have with me. I’m not usually a fan of pineapple but I am a Butiki fan and I’m going to ignore the harsh, sharp pineapple teas I have had before and focus on what this tea could be like. Like the taste buds of the innocent, a complete un-expecting of what I’m about to experience. … I hope you understand my rambling.

A sniff of the raw blend reveals a sweet and fresh floral pineapple scent. Very delicious smelling and with a hint of cream. Stronger than I was expecting but it just smells so very nice.

The raw blend has a few small small pieces of pineapple amongst the leaves and just for the record there are also a few twig like pieces which I believe to be from the Bai Mu Dan.

So far it has exceeded my expectations in scent and appearance… so what about taste?

A few minutes later

The tea is golden yellow in colour with the same sweet and creamy floral pineapple scent as it’s raw form. Perhaps a little stronger once steeped.

Flavour is sweet, creamy, herby (cilantro?), floral and smooth. That herbal taste is growing stronger but it’s something I’m starting to like more and more. It’s very different as to how I thought it would taste. It’s pineapple but not pineapple, it’s not sharp, tart, sour and doesn’t make my lips tingle but in the after taste I would definitely say it’s pineapple. Perhaps a little soapy with the pineapple but minimally so.

It’s also very smooth like velvet and sweet like mild honey. The Bai Mu Dan adds a wonderful light floral balance to the blend of flavours.

Overall I like it. I would buy it and drink more of it. Honestly though it’s a hard tea for me to rate, I’m thinking there might be too much cilantro to be perfect for my taste but then I think other flavours would be lost without it. A nice little unique blend.

(My rough rating at this time would be 8/10. Shall rate another time, I have more at home).

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom