drank All Day Oolong by Teascent

First infusion – The tea is amber in colour with a toasted rice and sweet floral scent combined into one delicious union. Flavour is strong with rich but sweet floral tones with a dry, perfume like quality and smoky, toasted wooden notes. It’s perhaps a little astringent, my preference would be a steeping time of 3 minutes.

The smaller the tea is inside the bags the quicker it will steep, for full sized Oolong balls I would say 5 minutes would be fine but this is very small and fine so personally it’s too long. I have one bag left and shall update this post accordingly in the next day or two with my findings on that.

Either way my thoughts on the first cup are pleasant, for a bagged tea it’s surprisingly fresh and has a lot of flavour. Would be perfect to carry in a handbag for a visit to a friends house or even a meal out where they don’t have your type of teas available. Much easier than bagging them yourself since not all empty bags/sacs are 100% sealed.

Second Infusion – Once steeped this tea is now yellow in colour (toned down from amber). Much lighter and more mellow which brings out the sweetness and last touch of toasted flowers. It compliments the first steep very well to leave you with a delicate sensation in the after taste as you finish this tea. I would say that two steeps was the correct amount, three would be suitable if you like your tea very light.

For pictures and more information please view my blog.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom