Thank you Teavivre for this sample. One of my favourite teas is your Dian Hong Golden Tip and I couldn’t imagine it being any more perfect…then you released Dian Hong with rose and the sheer thought has blown my mind. I love rose teas that are done well and are natural.

This loose tea does not have full roses as in the picture shown, or at least my sample bag didn’t have any. I do see one or two pieces of yellow/pink petals and it certainly has that sweet rose scent. The Dian Hong gives the rose a musk like quality and depth, it smells super delicious.

Once steeped this tea is golden brown in colour with a sweet and earthy rose scent. So very fresh and soft, it’s similar to pure rose oil.

Flavour is light and malty with fruity tones to begin with and then it transforms into a sweet and delicate rose flavour that carries on throughout the after taste. It is exactly as I imagined Dian Hong and roses would taste like together and it truly did not disappoint.

I will be adding this to my must buy list to alternate with original Dian Hong. Great for those pick me up moments :)

Update: I just visited Teavivre to add this to my shopping list and it appears that they are either out of stock or no longer sell this any more :( Super Sad Kitty.

Fjellrev

Sounds lovely. :)

Terri HarpLady

What? Hopefully just out of stock! You made it sounds so awesome, plus I occasionally enjoy some roses in my tea (sorry sil, I really do ;)

Comments

Fjellrev

Sounds lovely. :)

Terri HarpLady

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom