I got this a while ago but decided to leave it at work so I would have something Earl Grey-esque to have in the morning. Sure it’s Rooibos based but not noticeable in the smell amongst the dry blend, instead I am picking up an orange perfume. I love orange but this is just too perfumed and dry, not completely disgusting but a bit of a let down.

It smells a little fresher and lighter once steeped and the perfume is toned down and does not overpower the orange and bergamot scents. It smells more like an Earl Grey now definitely.

Flavour wise this is a little citrus bitter and sweet but very perfumed and dry. The rooibos is not coming through very much but it at least keeps the blend light enough to be drinkable. As far as an Earl Grey goes this is an interesting blend that I’m sure someone will love but for me it’s too strong and perfumed. A bitter Earl Grey is a non enjoyable Earl Grey.

Now you can see why I left this at work…

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom