Thank you Teascent for this sample. This is my 700th tasting review according to Steepster :)

I’m not too sure what makes this Ali Shan ‘Sleep Easy’ but I would guess because Teascent gave it 2/5 on the strength scale, making it a mellow and mild Oolong suitable to drink before bed time.

The loose Oolong looks nice and reflective and the balls are roughly 2mm-3mm on average. The balls are dark green in colour with large stems still attached.

Once steeped this Oolong is very gentle and floral with green notes. Flavour is similar to the scent, it’s very mild and floral with mellow buttery softness. Further down the cup this tea gains a toasted touch which gives this Oolong a little more depth.

A further steep reveals deeper flavour whilst remaining light and buttery in consistency. The toasted depth has increased which has toned down the sweet floral tone. It’s also more green mineral tasting.

Overall it is a light Oolong that some would enjoy drinking before bedtime. It resembled an early spring Ali Shan. A nice tea but it’s something I would have to be in the mood for before bed time.

195 °F / 90 °C

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom