drank Licorice Twist by DAVIDsTEA

I’m not usually a fan of licorice and I have been putting off trying this tea for a while. Today is the sort of day where I’m willing to try anything and I’m thankful to be using this one up.

It did smell licorice like with aniseed and mixed herbs. Not the most attractive scent for me personally but not the worst either.

Tea is dark golden brown once steeped with mixed herb aroma and slight sweetness of licorice. It smells too herbal for my personal liking, I have memories of my mother hoarding dried herbs to make magickal oils with for her business and it stunk the whole house out with the same scent.

The flavour matches the scent for the most part, it’s very herbal tasting with only a touch of sweet licorice in the after taste. It’s quite light and less thick and icky as I was expecting. It has a slight tingling sensation that reminds me of how refreshing mint feels when that tickles the lips, I’m thinking maybe the work of the clove.

I can drink it but just struggling to finish it. Sorry David’s Tea but this is not for me.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom