Thank you Lala for this sample.

It’s Matcha Madness Monday and this mornings matcha is Raspberry and Cream in robust flavour. I love having matcha on Monday mornings when my soy milk is delivered, I used to be allergic to milk as a child and still to this day if I drink cows milk it gives me a painful, bloated stomach. So even though I am not vegan I use soy milk though I’m not sure if that makes my matcha late’s any different in taste compared to a cow milk one? No idea but thought I would mention it anyway.

So, this matcha does smell very sweet and like raspberries but there is something there hard to describe other than artificial. Reading Lala’s review she also said there is a chemical smell and honestly I smell it too. It’s not terrible but not the nicest matcha to enjoy the aroma of.

Some quick whisking and tada I have a lovely iced matcha late.

My first few sips reveal a sweet raspberry flavour that is rather on the subtle side despite being the robust blend. It does taste creamy too but it’s very hard to determine if it’s the blend or the soy milk. The green tea is mild in flavour but noticeable in the after taste.

Compared to Red Leaf Teas – Raspberry Truffle this Raspberry and Cream blend is much softer and lighter which can be good but I just don’t like it as much personally. I’m not usually a fan of chocolate anything (I have a savoury tooth instead of sweet) but it seemed a better fit for me than the cream.

Iced

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom