Thank you Dexter3657 for this tea. I kept it safe until October when I begin to crave pumpkin teas.

This blend smells spicy, sweet and light with pumpkin/squash that smells oddly fruity. My husband said apple and I think he hit the nail on the head, like an apple and cinnamon tea with a difference. Not the pumpkin spice tea that I was longing for…

Serving this with a drop of milk and sugar.

Once steeped the tea smells much more like pumpkin than it’s raw form but it’s still not perfect…it’s one of those teas that has a flaw but I just cannot put my finger on what it is. Smell wise so far anyway.

Flavour is mild and slightly spicy with a touch of citrus cardamom and what I would describe as squash but not pumpkin. It’s an unusual flavour but it’s not horrible, just not what is expected. It really reminds me of another tea but I don’t know which one or whom by. I almost want to say watermelon or cantaloupe melon but not nearly as nice as those. As soon as I said melon to my husband he said that is exactly what it tastes like, some sort of melon. We have been trying to work it out.

As I said it’s not a horrible tea but nor is it pumpkin. Will have to try this again in a few days and see if my view changes. No rating for now.

Dexter

I actually really like this, but I agree with you. I don’t think it tastes like pumpkin, I think it’s more cantaloupe. I don’t like it when teas don’t taste like their names, but for some reason I like this so much that’s been able to forgive them…. It reminds me of a pumpkin tea from Teaopia (or maybe they get it from the same source and what you are thinking of does too).

Comments

Dexter

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom