I think that 52 Teas make my favourite Honeybush blends of all time. Frank seems to have a gift when it comes to blending Honeybush. I’m hoping that this one will be no exception.

It smells like sweet orange with a sour undercurrent that I’m guessing could be the cranberry. I’ve never had a cranberry orange scone before so have no basis for comparison. They do sound yummy though!

A nice long 8 minute steep should bring out all the flavour. Such a long time to wait though :(

Once finally steeped the tea is red brown in colour with a sweet, orange and very edible. I can just imagine taking a huge bite out of a scone and trying my best to ignore the calories.

I can taste creamy and sweet orange with a hint or sour cranberries and a thick after taste of Honeybush. Not as strong as I would like in terms of the fruit but it’s a charming blend non the less. Rather mellow in strength considering it has such a strong scent.

It may not be one of my favourites per say but I still maintain that Frank has a magic touch with his Honeybush blends.

Boiling 8 min or more
Tea Sipper

I feel like many 52Teas blends are best at very short steep times – like 35-45 seconds. If you have enough, you can always experiment!

Comments

Tea Sipper

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom