Thank you Dexter3657 for this sample.

Yixing teapot – 370ml of which I will only be filling half way as it’s for one so roughly 175ml-200ml
Tea weight – 6g
Water temp – 95°C
Steeping times – 15 second increments

It smells sweet like honeysuckle with delicate hints of wood, smoke and hay. Surprisingly sweet and smooth for a Sheng.

In flavour this is creamy, delicate, sweet, smoky and musky. The smoke is like velvet, it’s soft but rich and it lingers in the after taste. Further steeps reveal sweet wood and floral flavours but it remains thoroughly smoky and light.

A very delicious Pu Erh and easily one of my new favourites. I wish Mandala shipped to UK. :(

Stephanie

I need to try more shengs. Sounds tasty!

KittyLovesTea

Well I can heartily recommend this Sheng, a bargain at $17 for a 100g cake. It tastes as smooth as some of the $100 Sheng I have had the privilege of trying.

Good to know! I’m planning on placing a Mandala order soon anyway! :D

Garret

HI! We can totally ship to the UK! Already do. It’s just not an option on the site. Our international customers can email me at [email protected] and let me know what they want. Then we figure out the shipping options, send a paypal invoice and get the teas on their wonderful journey!

Thank you for the review(s) everyone. Each of you are why I keep doing this. I’m so appreciative and humbled. Next China trip in just a few short months. I get to buy more mao cha’s for more private label pressings!

May you all have a glorious and love-filled day!

Bonnie

Don’t you just love Garret!

mrmopar

Agreed Garret is a great seller!

Garret

Gee wiz… y’all are wonderful :) I am blessed!

We’re stalking ya!

Comments

Stephanie

I need to try more shengs. Sounds tasty!

KittyLovesTea

Good to know! I’m planning on placing a Mandala order soon anyway! :D

Garret

May you all have a glorious and love-filled day!

Bonnie

Don’t you just love Garret!

mrmopar

Agreed Garret is a great seller!

Garret

Gee wiz… y’all are wonderful :) I am blessed!

We’re stalking ya!

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom