I only had two samples of this and I took them with me to dog sit tonight whilst my parents are out. They have gone to see a band called The Cult, my mum used to be engaged to Ian Astbury the singer so she goes to see them whenever they come over. I’ve been treated to an Indian take away tonight :D

Steeped colour is mahogany with an earthen, musky scent. I can’t particularly smell any magnolia or anything floral but there is a delicate sweetness.

Flavour is thick and perfumed with some astringency and dryness in the after taste. The flavour is more magnolia like than it’s scent but it’s not fresh enough for my personal liking. The Puerh is still very musky and earthen but somewhat toned down from what I was expecting.

It’s certainly drinkable but this tea just isn’t for me. Too perfumed and dry for me.

Stephanie

I drank this one today too! Did you notice the tea is actually mostly green, not pu? Weird right?

KittyLovesTea

I did notice but thought I must have been mistaken from the steeped colour. Could it be a blend of both Sheng and Shu? I also thought the flavour was vastly improved once the tea cooled town, it was less perfumed and sweeter. Went up at least 10 points.

Stephanie

Yeah, it was very unusual but I enjoyed it. Doubt I’ll buy any, but it was fun to try.

mrmopar

I think the blend would be correct. A lot of factories do this now to puerh.

Comments

Stephanie

KittyLovesTea

mrmopar

I think the blend would be correct. A lot of factories do this now to puerh.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom