Surprised I haven’t reviewed this before, as it turns out I have one cup left from the sampler so luckily I have just enough to review with.

It looks to be of average quality but nothing beyond that. The leaves are for the most part broken down into smallish pieces. Most are dark brown in colour but there are a few silver tips. A quick sniff and I can note a delicately sweet, floral scent.

Flavour is dry but sweet with floral and nutty tones. It’s a little astringent but not too bad. I love Darjeeling but I tend to buy the more expensive Darjeelings, because of that this one is not standing up as well as it perhaps should. It’s an ok cup of tea that is at best average and at worst a dry and bitter black tea.

If you have yet to experience the wonders of Darjeeling then this may not be a bad place to start.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom