This Oolong consists of varied sized balls from roughly 4mm to 1mm in diameter. They are dark green with some brown and medium green in places with a few pieces having quite large stems still attached. A quick sniff-spection reveals a dry and perfumed floral scent.

The liquid once steeped is very light yellow. It has a sweet and floral flavour with a dry after taste. Very delicate but it does have a buttery element present though honestly it’s a little ruined by the overwhelming dryness. I don’t mind some dryness from an Oolong but this one feels like it leaves a powdery substance in my mouth after each sip.

Also as it cools the perfumed element becomes stronger as does the dryness which I didn’t think was possible.

I usually prefer Ali Shan to Li Shan and this was no exception. I had high hopes for this tea and while it was still a pleasant enough Oolong it just is not for me.

NofarS

Alishan is also my favourite kind of oolong! And I hate it when a tea is so dry that it becomes distracting. You were kind to give it a 72. I probably wouldn’t have finished the cup :)

KittyLovesTea

I too hate dry tea, I drink tea to lubricate my mouth not make it feel like sandpaper. This Oolong was only rated as high as 72 because of the lovely flavours it held, it was just such a shame a lot of it was ruined in the after taste. Plus in all honesty I only had a sample of this and I didn’t re steep it more than twice. I tried my best to not waste it anyway.

Comments

NofarS

KittyLovesTea

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom