Gongfu Teapot – 8oz
Leaf -7g
Water Temp – 80ºC
Steeps – 1m,2m,3m

Raw leaves are long, thin and crisp with a sweet, grassy and perfumed scent.

Steep 1 – 1m
Light, sweet, floral, grassy, dry
Delicate and refreshing, sweeter than expected and also left a fresh but dry hay after taste.

Steep 2 – 2m
As the strength has increased the sweetness has decreased though is still present. A touch astringent. It’s much more floral and mineral now but still with minimal dryness. Also picking up fresh spinach.

Steep 3 -3m
Buttery and mild once again but keeping it’s floral sweetness and touch of a dry, perfumed after taste. Very fresh and mellow.

I enjoyed this Long Jing more than I thought I would. While I love green tea Long Jing is usually too dry and perfumed for my taste and has suffered a bed reputation with me for a while. I don’t know if it’s purely down to quality but simply some Long Jing I like and others I hate. This one I like.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom