This arrived yesterday and was an impulse buy thanks to the awesome Teavivre Black Friday sale.

The leaves are dark brown with some golden tips and stem amongst them. They are small for the most part but are squiggly and thin. It has a rich cocoa and sweet wooden scent.

Using my new Gongfu teapot which holds 200ml with 7g of tea.

1 minute – Smoky, sweet, musky and wooden. A rich first steep with a wonderful dark and smoky base that carries on through to the after taste.

2 minutes – The smoke has carried through but this steep is sweeter than the previous steep. Also getting some fruit behind the smoke and wood, like mature prunes. The after taste has some cocoa.

3 minutes – It’s still smoky and smooth and the prune is thicker in this steep. So very wooden and mature.

It’s a nice smoky black tea and though it will never replace my beloved Yun Nan Dian Hong Golden Tips this is a nice alternative for when I want some variation. Very happy I got this tea, it’s certainly a welcome addition to my black tea collection.

Boiling
Starfevre

Do you have a pic of your new teapot somewhere?

KittyLovesTea

I put one onto Twitter this morning as a few people have asked to see it. It works beautifully, I just have to get used to the shape. My original one was round where as my new one is pear shaped.

Here it is – Being used with Lakyrsiew Black by Canton Tea Co.

Shmiracles

that looks like a nice gongfu :) i have a similar gongfu and i don’t use it very often, but when i do pull it off the shelf i use it A LOT over a short amount of time and enjoy every second. it’s user friendly nature just inspires me to brew brew brew!

Comments

Starfevre

Do you have a pic of your new teapot somewhere?

KittyLovesTea

Here it is – Being used with Lakyrsiew Black by Canton Tea Co.

Shmiracles

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom