Ok so I tried this last night hot steep but I found it to be rather strong in terms of black tea base. It was nice but I just wanted a little push from it, something extra. So I saved a lot from the same batch and put it into a flask to try it iced.

The black tea is no longer the strongest factor in this tea once it’s iced. Instead the cinnamon, ginger style spiciness is significantly increased and is much more like carrot cake now than it was last night. Again the vanilla is subtle and only in the after taste but it really is more carrot cake like now so it’s more forgiveable.

I still have a decent amount of this tea left so I will probably use it as an iced tea from now on.

Iced
Yvonne

I really need to start getting into icing my teas – it’s just been so cold outside lately, I haven’t been wanting to!

mmmmm thanks for the review! i may need to try this now heh

KittyLovesTea

@Yvonne Icing tea is not common practice in UK as it’s rather cold here most of the time anyway. But I really enjoy a cold drink in the day and since I stopped drinking pop it leaves my options limited. Iced tea is super great for curing that. Plus I have a new teapot that steeps up to 1.5 litres of tea and it leaves me with enough tea to fill my iced tea flask for later. :)

And @Sil if you do go ahead and try this then I really do recommend icing it.

Terri HarpLady

I never did get to try this one, but I bet it would be good cold!

terri – you will try this eventually. remember? i bought an extra 2oz of it to share with you…and uh there was someone else…

Comments

Yvonne

mmmmm thanks for the review! i may need to try this now heh

KittyLovesTea

And @Sil if you do go ahead and try this then I really do recommend icing it.

Terri HarpLady

I never did get to try this one, but I bet it would be good cold!

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom