drank Sugar Plum Shou Mei by 52teas

I never did get to try this one from the Christmas hamper at the right time, unfortunately I became ill and couldn’t taste much so I saved it for future steeping. Right now I need to use up as much tea as possible before I move house, so small samples like this one are first on my list to be used. Besides, sugar plum sounds delicious at any time of the year.

Once steeped the tea is golden in colour and has a sweet fruity scent, like plum but also berry. Also a little floral and dry.

Flavour wise it’s sweet, a little tart and with some harshness but it softens as it cools. Again I can taste more berry than plum but it’s a pleasant fruit taste regardless, and it matches the Shou Mei rather well. It just feels like it’s missing something for me, it’s nice and all but I think it could be better, I just can’t think of what’s stopping it from being so. Either way it’s just not to my taste at the moment, I’m thankful I got to try it but this one is not a blend I am likely to re-visit.

170 °F / 76 °C 2 min, 45 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 600 ML

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom