Thank you Dag Wedin for this tea from the EU travelling tea box round one. It shall be my morning tea, as I have the day off due to everyone at my work being ill I’m going to be using my Gaiwan all day and treat myself to some of my favourite teas. Natural teas will always be favoured over flavoured blends in my house.

I shall be following this table:
Water : 3oz / 85ml – 176℉ / 80℃
Use 3 Grams Tea
4 steeps : rinse,20s,40s,80s,120s
Gaiwan
Rinsing time is around 5 seconds

The leaves are a nice medium green colour and are very reflective and shiny. Averaging a rough estimate of 4-5mm long these needles/points are nice and crisp to the touch. They have a beautiful sweet grass scent with some perfume present.

Steep One – 20 seconds
Pale yellow colour with gentle sweet grass scent. Flavour is light and buttery with sweet grass and flower notes and a touch of dry perfume in the after taste.

Steep Two – 40 Seconds
The sweetness has increased and is now heavily floral. The butter is still present as is the perfume. Reminds me of orchid or lily.

Steep Three – 80 Seconds
Not as sweet this time but still floral and with a touch of astringency. Rather dry and perfumed now but still mild overall.

Steep Four – 120 Seconds
Very light, even more so than the first steep. The only thing that remains is a gentle sweet lily that lingers nicely in the after taste.

Overall –
I will admit that while I adore green tea Long Jing just isn’t one of my favourites, it’s either too dry and perfumed or too astringent for my taste. Luckily this Long Jing really is nonpareil and it made for a very nice tea this morning. Sweet and floral throughout with only a little astringency and dryness to speak of. Definitely something I will be happy to drink more of.

175 °F / 79 °C 4 g