Since my last cup of tea was not for me (but rhyming appears to be) I think I will try this Earl Grey, it will hopefully take away the sour taste in my mouth. (Yes chicory is now on my never, Never, NEVER! list). I want to apologise for I can’t remember who was kind enough to gift me this sample, please know that I appreciate it as I am truly an EG fan.

Sampled with a drop of milk.
This is of medium strength in terms of bergamot which is perfumed yet subtly sweet. The black tea base is a little smoky but the perfume of the bergamot dominates. It’s a nice blend but as the bergamot is not as strong as I like I’m going to add some sweetener.

Sampled with milk and sweetener.
The bergamot is smoother now than before and most of it’s perfume (and dryness) has gone. It has also balanced the bergamot and black tea base more that it was without the sweetener.

Overall – It’s a nice Earl Grey and it offers a pleasant level of bergamot for my personal taste but if I’m honest I don’t think it’s a memorable EG. If I was asked to sample this from a line up I don’t think it would be unique enough for me to pick it out, that could be a good or bad thing.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom