Thank you Angel for this sample. Bi Luo Chun is a favourite of mine but I have never tried it mixed with jasmine before.

The little tea balls/pearls are a mixture of brown, dark green and silver coloured leaves with a few pieces of twig/stick present. The silver leaves shine beautifully and have tiny hairs. They have a fresh and sweet jasmine scent that is very pure with a hint of grass.

4 steeps : rinse,30s,50s,70s,90s

First Steep – 30 seconds
I can taste the sweet jasmine which lingers wonderfully in the after taste. Also hints of roasted grass and perfume with a little dryness and astringency. A very flavourful first steep.

Second Steep – 50 seconds
Strength is vastly increased as has it’s toasted grass quality. Sweetness and jasmine still linger in the after taste and still only a hint of astringency. It is a little dryner now too.

Third Steep – 70 seconds
Reduced in thickness from the previous steep but carrying it’s flavour nicely still. Very similar to the first steep and it’s beautiful sweet jasmine dominates once more. Still only a hint of astringency.

Fourth Steep – 90 seconds
Still lots of flavour is present. and though the jasmine is toned down from the previous steeps it is still very much present and dominant. A little more astringent now but still at an acceptable and pleasant level.

Overall I found this tea to be: pure, sweet and full of flavour. It had the thickness of Bi Luo Chun (which I love) but the jasmine adds a sweetness lingers and perfumes my breath. If I were to note something I didn’t like then it would be the dryness in-between steeps, though it started subtly it increases rather rapidly, though remains pleasant.

185 °F / 85 °C 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
Anna

This sounds beautiful and complex. And a great note – I love when you do these multi-steep reviews, they’re so helpful.

KittyLovesTea

Thank you Anna :) This Bi Luo Chun cheered me up a little, inspired me to make an orange and ginger cake (which is one of my specialities). Goes very well with custard.

Anna

Well done, you should only have your fave teas and treats today. =)

Comments

Anna

KittyLovesTea

Anna

Well done, you should only have your fave teas and treats today. =)

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom