drank Safari by Bönor & Blad

A tea from the first round of the EU TTB put in by Anna. I too have a few of these teas in a pile to try still and while I’m thinking about it I may as well try one. :)

I know nothing about this tea but looking at it I can see that it’s green (looks like Sencha) and has marigold and cornflower petals. Ok sniffing time (deep inhale) – cocoa, fruit (thinking something tropical like papaya) and subtle flowers. Sort of sweet but with a dark undertone.

Steeped this is completely different, I can now smell something stodgy like rice or porridge but with sweet tropical fruit in it. Not as pleasant, in fact a little odd.

The flavour matches too, it’s stodgy and oat like but I have no idea why. The fruit is there but again I’m sticking with something like papaya in terms of specific flavour. The green tea is grassy and like seaweed but it’s also astringent and dry which dominate it. There is also some familiarity in flavour but I’m not sure where or what it reminds me of.

I’m sitting here grimacing with each sip so I think it’s clear to say that this one just isn’t for me. Thank you anyway Anna.

Anna

I sort of hated this one, too – I honestly think your palate, overall, is way too refined for the Swedish/German blends, as they tend to be so rough and basic. You pick up so many flavour notes and have so much experience identifying tea complexity, the German blends just seem like a waste of your time.

I dream that someone will pick up one of those samples and be all, ‘I LOVE THIS’ so I could send them a bulk set of ziploc bags packed to the brim, but no suck luck on this one, I guess, haha.

Comments

Anna

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom