drank Amaretto by DAVIDsTEA

Looking for something sweet after dinner and this tea has been calling to me over the last few days, I love the smell of amaretto and almond. I’m watching Man Of Steel for the first time, my husband is a huge Superman fan whereas I am predominantly a Batman fan. I love original comic references but most modern film adaptations forget the comics, so far this film has yet to impress me.

This tea has a strong scent, very much amaretto and almond, it’s heavenly. The blend itself may not look too tempting but it’s scent makes up for that, it looks dry and desert like. I just gave it to my husband to sniff and he said it’s like sherbet. It’s perhaps a little on the sour side and not as sweet as amaretto but sherbet…I wouldn’t go that far. Still it’s nice to have another’s perspective.

Once steeped the scent is still very amaretto but definitely more dry too and heavily nutty. The nutty part I don’t mind as I love nuts…..and I just realised that can sound a little rude.

Flavour wise again it’s heavily nutty, the almond being more dry than sweet and rather savoury at that. In fact the sweetness has been lost in preparation it would seem, raw it was sweet and sticky almost but now it tastes like I’ve eaten a handful of whole almonds. It’s nice but not amaretto so slightly disappointing there. Kind of toasty taste too it as well.

I wouldn’t trade for more of this, just not what I was expecting despite it’s wonderful raw scent. Oh well, still made a nice tea post dinner.

mj

If you were stateside, I could send you an excellent almond black tea- very amaretto! But I’m guessing it would be very expensive to ship to the UK :-(