My bravery has grown enough for me to try this unusual tea so after dinner here I am with a mug of pale beige liquid that smells like butter milk (sweet yet sour and creamy). It’s….unusual…I was never a butter milk fan, or a milk fan since I was allergic to it as a child. Mostly this tea is to say that I have tried it, after all I will just about try any tea (I say just about as anything gross like animal dropping tea is a definite no).

Ok so butter milk, which is funnily enough what this tea is. My first sip was not great, it’s very sweet, extremely creamy and full on buttery….all that and it’s rather watery and thin. My stomach turned a little. It’s not terrible by any means, just that I am not meant for this tea and it is not meant for me.

Sorry tea.

Terri HarpLady

I’m so proud of you for giving it a try! If it weren’t for my milk allergy, I’d sample it :)

Stephanie

WOW NEAT! I’ve always been intrigued by Tibetan butter tea! :)

whatshesaid

Mmmmm butter

i wanted to try this every time i go look at yunnan sourcing lol

Memily

With that kind of name my stomach is turning just thinking about it :|

mrmopar

Kitty thanks for posting about this. I have some and have always been reluctant to try it. I think I may have a better understanding of it now.

Angrboda

I have a sample of this and I’m dead scared of it. I only have one of the red pouches and no instructions or anything. I wasn’t even certain if it was actually tea or if I was supposed to try and put it in tea. I take it I’m just supposed to pour hot water on it and stir then, like when making a cup of hot cocoa?

KittyLovesTea

The instructions on the side of the box say to mix one pouch with boiling water and roughly 180ml water which I believe to be mug sized. This particular brand (but guessing it’s similar if not same as others) say it contains powdered down high quality brick tea. It’s like an instant mix, just add water and you’re good to go. You will see once you make it that it’s already milky and super sweet.

Angrboda

I compared mine to the picture and they appear to be identical. Still afraid of it though. Hmm. Well, at least it’s definitely interesting.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Stephanie

WOW NEAT! I’ve always been intrigued by Tibetan butter tea! :)

whatshesaid

Mmmmm butter

i wanted to try this every time i go look at yunnan sourcing lol

Memily

With that kind of name my stomach is turning just thinking about it :|

mrmopar

KittyLovesTea

Angrboda

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom