The leaves are dark green for the most part with a few light green pieces present and as a whole they are very shiny. They are dry and crisp leaves which are mostly short/broken and has a sweet, mineral scent. I liken it to sweet grass, orchid and fresh kale.

My steeping parameters:
Leaf – 5g
Water Temperature – 70C
Vessel – Glass Gongfu 140ml
3 Steeps – 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes

First Steep – 1 Minute
The tea is yellow and a little cloudy with a sweet floral scent. Flavour is sweet and mineral with a grassy after taste that is a little dry. It does lighten after a few seconds to leave a raw pea flavour.

Second Steep – 2 Minutes
Thicker in strength with a touch of astringency. Sweet tones but still more mineral wise than floral, strong raw pea flavour now. Also high grass notes but no increase in dryness. It’s thick enough to resemble kale or cabbage at this point.

Third Steep – 3 Minutes
Heavy mineral flavour with more astringency than before and a touch of umami. Tastes similar to an instant Sencha powder I’ve had before. More savoury than sweet now but there is some still present.

Overall
A nice Sencha that increases in strength and umami the more you steep it. Offers sweet, grass and floral notes as well as vegetal/mineral richness.

For pictures and more information please view my blog –

Flavors: Grass, Kale, Orchids, Peas

160 °F / 71 °C 5 g 5 OZ / 140 ML
TheTeaFairy

Nice review KittyLT, That’s my everyday go to sencha, I always keep a supply.

KittyLovesTea

Thanks TheTeaFairy It was a nice Sencha, wasn’t sure it would compare well to some of the speciality Sencha I import from Japan but it did. If ZenTea dispatched tea to Europe I would consider buying it. :)

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Nice review KittyLT, That’s my everyday go to sencha, I always keep a supply.

KittyLovesTea

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom