drank Ali Shan by Canton Tea Co

The weather is boiling here and I have had trouble coping with it, as soon as the sun comes own I start sweating and get very red faced. I’m sure some of you will understand. Despite the hot weather I’ve managed to get some things sorted today and after being accepted for a mortgage we will be viewing our first house on Saturday.

Busy life aside it’s tea time and I chose this Ali Shan as an after dinner tea to pair with my vegetarian prawn Thai green curry. The Oolong has a beautiful sweet and creamy, floral scent.

The flavour is mild and I waited for it to cool so I can gulp it down. Dry after taste but as a whole it’s satisfying. Subtle flavour with milk and flowers being the two dominant tones. Also perfumed and sweet like brown sugar.

I want to love it but it’s not as fresh as it could be, it did make a nice, average, every day type Oolong though. May try another Oolong next.

195 °F / 90 °C 2 min, 0 sec 6 g 20 OZ / 600 ML
Sarsonator

This may be a silly question, but was it a prawn substitute or do you consider prawns to be vegetarian?

KittyLovesTea

It was a prawn substitute, made from soya and mushroom protein. Really it is roughly prawn shaped but bares no other similarity.

Sarsonator

Awesome! How was the taste? I had no idea there even was a prawn substitute available. I guess I should have. I seem to be able to find a substitute for pretty much everything. They vary quite a bit in their resemblance to the original, though!

Veronica

Good luck with the house hunt! I hope you find a place you love.

Veronica

Good luck with the house hunt!

KittyLovesTea

@Sarsonator – The veggie imitation prawns have a decent consistency…at least to what I remember prawns being like. I’m not too fussy about eating imitation meat (which I think is strange since I don’t want to eat meat in the first place) but it’s more about still being able to eat a large variety of dishes. They don’t taste of anything in particular so they are suited well for a dish or stir fry, down side is they are quite expensive.

@Veronica Thank you :)

Sarsonator

Thanks for the info. I have found several substitutes that I like very much, but those has been chicken/cow replacements. I’ve not seen any seafood replicas, but it’s good to know they are out there. As you stated, it has much to do with variety!

Comments

Sarsonator

Veronica

Good luck with the house hunt! I hope you find a place you love.

Veronica

Good luck with the house hunt!

@Veronica Thank you :)

Sarsonator

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom