Another aged tea in my line up today. I’m doing bursts of house cleaning whilst cooking a large pot of chilli to aid my craving of chilli cheese fries. So I want aged teas and chilli cheese fries….an odd but pleasurable day.

These Oolong balls are medium/large in size and are very dark brown in colour. A quick sniff-spection reveals a sweet wood, leather and dry earthen concoction that leaves my mouth salivating in anticipation.

Ok this is interesting, it tastes milky but not overtly sweet or creamy which I usually find with fresh Tie Guan Yin. Milky but also buttery though mild and not fresh, which sounds horrible as non fresh milk is sour and disgusting and this is not like that but I can’t think of another way to describe it. Perhaps to say like uht milk, not fresh but still ok.

Enough about milk. It has a little sweetness to it and is more floral than I was expecting. Also has a toasted quality which comes through more in the later steeps, though it remains lighter than you expect an aged Oolong to be.

A nice Oolong but unfortunately it doesn’t stand out as much as I was hoping, it just tastes like I bought a pack of Tie Guan Yin and left it in the cupboard for a few years before finally digging it out and trying it.

195 °F / 90 °C 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
MzPriss

Did you get moved to your new house yet Kitty?

KittyLovesTea

No not yet, unfortunately there were some issues with it that need to be sorted out before we can agree the term of sale. Hopefully within the next 2 months we will be moved in. For now we are packing and sorting our belongings out.

MzPriss

I hope everything gets sorted soon :)

Comments

MzPriss

Did you get moved to your new house yet Kitty?

KittyLovesTea

MzPriss

I hope everything gets sorted soon :)

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom