drank The de Noel by Nina's Paris

The leaves are dark brown and uniformly cut, and contain pieces of apple and rose. While I waited for the tea to cool down, I took delight in the aroma – apple and cinnamon, with hint of vanilla – which smelled like apple pie with a generous amount of cinnamon. Since the liquor is dark, yet clear, I expected the base tea (black) to quite strong. Instead, I tasted a wonderful balance between the base and the other ingredients. Again, apple pie, but with a slight presence of brisk black tea. The flavor is medium-bodied and smooth.

This tea is delicious! I’m very glad I chose it as one of my samples. Recommended to be drunk with dessert (for the apple cinnamon) or with breakfast (for the base).

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about the history, the manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens and dark oolongs (Wuyi oolongs helped me discover that). My favorite herbal tisane is peppermint. I also love stove top brewed masala chai, hot or cold. The only teas I dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit.

I’m a grad school student studying Nonfiction writing. I want to be a science writer because writing is awesome and science is awesome. I like animals, colors, astronomy, exercising, and writing and reading nonfiction.

Westchester, NY