drank The de Noel by Nina's Paris

The leaves are dark brown and uniformly cut, and contain pieces of apple and rose. While I waited for the tea to cool down, I took delight in the aroma – apple and cinnamon, with hint of vanilla – which smelled like apple pie with a generous amount of cinnamon. Since the liquor is dark, yet clear, I expected the base tea (black) to quite strong. Instead, I tasted a wonderful balance between the base and the other ingredients. Again, apple pie, but with a slight presence of brisk black tea. The flavor is medium-bodied and smooth.

This tea is delicious! I’m very glad I chose it as one of my samples. Recommended to be drunk with dessert (for the apple cinnamon) or with breakfast (for the base).

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about the history, the manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens, and my favorite herbal tisanes are peppermint, lavender and chrysanthemum. I’m beginning to get into Wuyi oolongs and Chinese blacks, and am always open to exploring African teas. The only teas I truly dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit. (Hibiscus, you’re alright if you’re cold.)

I’m an MFA graduate (nonfiction writing, specifically about nature), and an amateur birder as well as a tea enthusiast. I also like exercising, Tolkien, and Ancient Egypt (for the time being).

How I rate (I’m so used to the American grade system…….):

96-100 I absolutely adore everything about it. One of my absolute favorites. Like ambrosia!!

90-95 Superb quality and very enjoyable.

80-89 Delicious! Pleased with the overall quality.

70-79 Simply, I like it.

60-69 Overall “meh”. Not bad, but not terribly good.

0-59 NOPE.

If there is no rating – I don’t feel experienced enough to rate the tea, or said tea goes beyond rating.

Westchester, NY