Thanks to Stephanie for sending me a sample!

The leaves (dry and wet) smelled of banana and a bit of chocolate – like banana dipped in melted chocolate. Surprisingly, the flavor of the liquor was bitter, and the banana was weaker than I anticipated. Even when I brewed another first infusion with a lower steeping time (about a minute less) the tea was still bitter. The second infusion tasted better: I let the leaves steep for a bit longer than the recommended alloted time for the first infusion (for compensation), and the flavor was less bitter and the banana and chocolate stood out more. Even then it was only alright at best.

I had high expectations because I love banana/chocolate teas, but this one isn’t for me unfortunately.

Stephanie

Bummer that you didn’t like it. This is why we sample though, at least you didn’t purchase it and then dislike it! :)

KiwiDelight

I really wanted to! Hope the same thing doesn’t happen with Watermelon Xylophone – sounds too awesome.

Stephanie

You won’t get any bitterness from the Watermelon, I’m sure! Funny how everyone’s palates are a little bit different.

Tea is more interesting this way :D

Comments

Stephanie

Tea is more interesting this way :D

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about the history, the manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens and dark oolongs (Wuyi oolongs helped me discover that). My favorite herbal tisane is peppermint. I also love stove top brewed masala chai, hot or cold. The only teas I dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit.

I’m a grad school student studying Nonfiction writing. I want to be a science writer because writing is awesome and science is awesome. I like animals, colors, astronomy, exercising, and writing and reading nonfiction.

Westchester, NY