Thanks to Stephanie for sending me a sample! First off, I love the name; it’s what had me interested in the tea initially. The dry leaf is very pretty: the amaranth, while gorgeous by itself, creates a wonderful color contrast with the silver needles, which also look lovely. The aroma smells of watermelon bubblegum. That was a bit nostalgic – I haven’t had that flavor since I was a kid! The liquor, a pale golden yellow, is light-bodied. I thought the watermelon flavor would overpower the silver needles, but to my surprise I could taste both. I can’t say anything about the quality of the silver needles since my experience with white tea has yet to come into being, but the watermelon compliments them very nicely and stays in the mouth long after my swallowing despite that it’s not too strong.

What a wonderful tea, all around! I’m glad I got to try it.

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about the history, the manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens and dark oolongs (Wuyi oolongs helped me discover that). My favorite herbal tisane is peppermint. I also love stove top brewed masala chai, hot or cold. The only teas I dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit.

I’m a grad school student studying Nonfiction writing. I want to be a science writer because writing is awesome and science is awesome. I like animals, colors, astronomy, exercising, and writing and reading nonfiction.

Westchester, NY