I received a tea bag as a sample when I went to the Coffee and Tea Festival. I was disappointed that I didn’t get another kind because I don’t like beets. Well, I’ve never actually eaten any, they just look icky. I gave it a try anyway. Why not?

A quick note on the color of the liquor: what a red! The “bright crimson” is such a gorgeous color. While I waited for the tea to cool, I took the time to admire it.

The tea bag smells heavily of the spices. The aroma of the infusion is less intense, with the beets standing out more. Smells like soup. It also tastes like soup, albeit watery soup (obviously). The flavor is full-bodied and strong, but not overtly so, and the beets and spices are well-balanced. Also, good combination of spices. What I like most about the flavor is that it leaves a long-lasting aftertaste.

This tea is appropriately “savory.” I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Makes me want to try the others. Yay coupons!

Boiling 8 min or more
Stephanie

Beets are tasty! You should try them :) I prefer them roasted and then chilled and put in a salad…

KiwiDelight

One day I’ll have the courage to try them. These days I find myself liking foods that I hated as a kid.

Kittenna

Haha, I can’t help but wrinkle my nose at the sound of this.

KiwiDelight

The idea of a beet tea goes against the grain, doesn’t it?

Ellyn

I loved the other savory tea that I tried (broccoli cilantro) I have the combo box and can’t wait to try the other ones!

I await your review for this one :D

Comments

Stephanie

Kittenna

Haha, I can’t help but wrinkle my nose at the sound of this.

KiwiDelight

The idea of a beet tea goes against the grain, doesn’t it?

Ellyn

I await your review for this one :D

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about the history, the manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens and dark oolongs (Wuyi oolongs helped me discover that). My favorite herbal tisane is peppermint. I also love stove top brewed masala chai, hot or cold. The only teas I dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit.

I’m a grad school student studying Nonfiction writing. I want to be a science writer because writing is awesome and science is awesome. I like animals, colors, astronomy, exercising, and writing and reading nonfiction.

Westchester, NY