I received a tea bag as a sample when I went to the Coffee and Tea Festival. I was disappointed that I didn’t get another kind because I don’t like beets. Well, I’ve never actually eaten any, they just look icky. I gave it a try anyway. Why not?

A quick note on the color of the liquor: what a red! The “bright crimson” is such a gorgeous color. While I waited for the tea to cool, I took the time to admire it.

The tea bag smells heavily of the spices. The aroma of the infusion is less intense, with the beets standing out more. Smells like soup. It also tastes like soup, albeit watery soup (obviously). The flavor is full-bodied and strong, but not overtly so, and the beets and spices are well-balanced. Also, good combination of spices. What I like most about the flavor is that it leaves a long-lasting aftertaste.

This tea is appropriately “savory.” I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Makes me want to try the others. Yay coupons!

Boiling 8 min or more
Stephanie

Beets are tasty! You should try them :) I prefer them roasted and then chilled and put in a salad…

KiwiDelight

One day I’ll have the courage to try them. These days I find myself liking foods that I hated as a kid.

Kittenna

Haha, I can’t help but wrinkle my nose at the sound of this.

KiwiDelight

The idea of a beet tea goes against the grain, doesn’t it?

Ellyn

I loved the other savory tea that I tried (broccoli cilantro) I have the combo box and can’t wait to try the other ones!

I await your review for this one :D

Comments

Stephanie

Kittenna

Haha, I can’t help but wrinkle my nose at the sound of this.

KiwiDelight

The idea of a beet tea goes against the grain, doesn’t it?

Ellyn

I await your review for this one :D

I began drinking tea because its complexity fascinated me. I love learning about its history, its manufacturing processes, and its place in various cultures.

My favorite teas are Japanese greens, and my favorite herbal tisanes are peppermint, lavender and chrysanthemum. So far I like exploring dark oolongs, Chinese blacks, and, most recently, shou pu’erh. African teas are my babies. The only teas I truly dislike are fruity tisanes and the ones that have too much fruit. (Hibiscus – I actually like alone.)

I’m an MFA graduate who studied nonfiction writing. I mostly write nature essays. I’m birder as well as a tea enthusiast. I also like exercising, Tolkien, and Ancient Egypt.

How I rate:

96-100 I adore absolutely everything about it. A permanent addition to my stash.

90-95 Superb quality and extremely enjoyable, but not something I’d like to have in my stash all the time, only occasionally (might have to do with personal tastes, depending on what I say in the tasting note).

80-89 Delicious! Pleased with the overall quality.

70-79 Simply, I like it. There are qualities that I find good, but there also are things that aren’t, hence a lower rating that I would have otherwise like to put.

60-69 Overall “meh”. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good.

0-59 No.

If there is no rating: I don’t feel experienced enough to rate the tea, or said tea just goes beyond rating (in a positive way).

Westchester, NY